There are two things I am creating in this new year of 2013:
1. I am filled with a sense of love every day for our many blessings; my wife, our girls, our home, our cars, and my incredibly successful piano tuning business! I am so thankful to have this feeling at least 51% of the time!
2. In addition I am so excited to be creating an wonderfully successful channel for distributing the best health, wellness and dietary products on the market, which provides me and my family with both money freedom and time freedom; it is indeed the answer to the question I have had of finding my ideal business (work from anywhere, few to no employees that I’m accountable for, team-work focus, in-demand products, online/worldwide sales, unlimited income potential, service oriented).
Now instead of solely trading time for money and relying upon our own efforts alone (piano tuning business) we are additionally creating a business based on leveraging the efforts of many.
(1) Creating significant ongoing monthly residual income for our family as well as many other families,
(2) Helping people live longer, healthier lives, and feel better all along the way, and
(3) Teaching entrepreneurs how to achieve their own goals and dreams creating more time and money freedom.
In essence it our perfect setup – piano tuning and network building!
Take a minute to ask yourself this following crucial question:
“If I could create my ideal business, what would it look like?” What kinds of characteristics would it have?
(This is a little bit like making a list of what you want in your ideal husband or wife, and then watching it come true. Gina and I have done this in our relationship and it worked, and we love creating the same results in our business world as well!)
So here goes:
~ Would you own this business or would you rather work for a business owned by someone else?
~ Would you have employees? If so, how many?
~ Would you want to have business partners? How many?
~ What kind of people would you want to work with? What kinds of characteristics would they have?
~ Would you want this business to be focused on a local market, or would you want it to have the ability to serve a worldwide market?
~ Would it be based on products and/or services that are consumables, or a rather a one-time purchase?
~ Would you want these products or services be available for purchase on the internet?
~ How much money would you want this business to make? $3k/mo, $30k/mo, $300k/mo, $3M/mo?
~ Would you want it to have an income ceiling?
~ Would you want the business’ income to be dependent on you being there?
I feel it is important to ask yourself this last question because there are numerous occupations that allow professionals to make a very significant income ($500k-$1M+) per year, but that income is dependent upon their own expertise and ability to do the work. Some examples of these are physicians, dentists, attorneys and high ranking company executives to name a few. In most cases they put in a minimum of 50-60 hours work per week, and in many cases 80+ hrs/wk. This is time that, in many cases, they would rather be spending with family, serving in the community, or just simply relaxing.
Let’s be clear: I for one am grateful for the individuals who choose to take this path. Your careers are incredibly needful and valuable! I’m simply suggesting that most people either want (1) more money, (2) more free time, or (3) both, and if I had my pick, I’d create a career that allowed me to have both. Wouldn’t you?
So write down your answers, and see where inspiration takes you!
We’re looking to expand our distribution channel, so if you want to learn how to add some very significant income to your bottom line without compromising what you’re currently doing, I’d love to talk and interview you to see if what we have would be a fit for you!
[call Duncan at 801-808-770]
p.s. Here’s our little snow angel (Chloe!)